Free at last : a Juneteenth poem / written by Sojourner Kincaid Rolle ; illustrated by Alex Bostic.
- ISBN: 9781454943747
- ISBN: 1454943742
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Publisher: New York : Sterling Children's Books, 
"Deeply emotional, evocative free verse by poet and activist Sojourner Kincaid Rolle traces the solemnity and celebration of Juneteenth from its 1865 origins in Galveston, Texas to contemporary observances all over the United States. This is an ode to the strength of Black Americans and a call to remember and honor a holiday whose importance reverberates far beyond the borders of Texas"-- Provided by publisher
|Target Audience Note:||
Ages 4 to 8. Sterling Children's Books.
Search for related items by subject
- 9 of 15 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Edith Wheeler Memorial Library - Monroe.
- 0 current holds with 15 total copies.